I’m excited to announce RIPE Dance is currently developing a suite of workshops to offer dance and health practitioners as well as activity leaders, diversional therapists and other residential care personnel who would like to gain skills, knowledge and experience in leading dance for older people with mobility issues (including those with dementia) for improved health, wellbeing and quality of life in both community and residential care settings.
The workshops will include topics such as:
- the transformative power of dance and the benefits dance offers this demographic – including supporting research
- the ageing process and implications for a dance session
- leading dance using a relational/person-focused approach
- practical ideas through an interactive demonstration of a dance session that includes seated, standing and locomotor dance
- features of an effective and quality dance session
- duty of care and risk assessment
- designing and delivering a dance session
- creating appropriate dance movement
- developing a dance composition & activity toolkit including use of:
- basic choreographic structures and ingredients
- resources and links.
These professional development workshops will be offered from 2017.
If you are interested and would like to receive information about these professional development opportunities please email Gail Hewton at email@example.com