PLEASE NOTE re COVID-19 : We will be following any directives issued by Queensland Health as well as guided by the dance industry’s Return to Dance Principles and Framework for Restarting Dance Activities Post COVID-19. Appropriate protocols and procedures will be implemented to ensure the health and safety of all RIPE Dance participants and our broader community.
Dance classes for active & agile and active & less agile over 60s:
Jazz/Contemporary Dance These classes are for active and agile over 60s who love moving and grooving to a variety of music. While predominantly based in jazz and contemporary dance learn a diversity of sequences and mini routines in a range of dance styles and flavours such as Broadway, Latin, Bollywood, Musical Theatre, Folk, Circle and partner dances.
Dance Capers These eclectic dance classes are for over 60s who are active though less agile (ability to move quickly). An all standing class offers a diversity of music and dance – like a box of assorted chocolates you will learn a variety of styles and forms from jazz, contemporary, ballet, musical theatre, folk, circle, partner and more.
Join Gail Hewton, who has over 40 years professional dance experience, in these specially designed classes for adults and seniors to exercise your brain and give you strength, balance, mobility, fitness and wellbeing in a fun, safe, welcoming and supportive environment. Feel energised, uplifted and more alive!
Times & Locations
TUESDAYS – Note: this class is currently at full capacity, please call to seek availability
- Jazz/Contemporary – Tuesdays 10.00am-11.15am at Masonic Hall, Moorindil St, Tewantin
- CLASS COST: casual $15/class
WEDNESDAYS – Note: this class is currently at full capacity, please call to seek availability
- Dance Capers – Wednesdays 10.45-12noon at The Forum Hall, Laguna Retirement Village, 13-21 Lake Weyba Dr, Noosaville (take the second entrance)
- CLASS COST: casual $13/class, $11 for pensioners
FRIDAYS – Note: this class is currently at full capacity, please call to seek availability
- Jazz/Contemporary – Fridays 11.30am-12.45pm at Noosa Leisure Centre, Wallace Dr, Noosaville
- CLASS COST: casual $15/class
2021 Term 1 Dates
- TUESDAY classes – 2 Feb to 30 March (9 week term)
- WEDNESDAY classes – 27 Jan to 31 March (10 week term)
- FRIDAY classes – 29 Jan to 26 March (9 week term)
To register or for more information contact Gail Hewton Mob: 0411 720 391 or email@example.com
General Information about all classes
While classes are held on a Term basis you can join anytime, please phone or email Gail first to register and discuss your needs. Class participants are very friendly and welcoming.
What to wear
- wear gym gear or comfortable clothing you can move freely in; and
- jazz/ballet shoes or soft pliable shoes or cotton socks with non-slip grips – not cumbersome runners.
Please ensure you:
- arrive on time – at least 5-10 mins prior to class to pay and to be ready to start on time and not miss warm up (warm up is an essential component of safe dance and injury prevention) – arriving on time is also good dance etiquette
- let me know of any health problems or injuries – especially any changes that may have occurred between classes
- pace yourself, especially for the first month when you start, and always work within your own abilities – pay attention to your own body, don’t do anything that causes pain or discomfort and if it does let me know immediately
- let me know any particular music you would like to suggest for class, or any dance ideas you would like included, etc
- most importantly, have fun!!!