Yes, You Can Dance! classes for mobility and wellbeing
At the end of 2016 participants were asked to complete a feedback survey. Here’s some of their responses:
What keeps you coming back to class?
- The fact that I am moving more and feel better for that
- Being with this group of beautiful ladies and sometimes gents to learn dancing, new dances and to feel the joy of being able to fit in a dance group
- Good company, great teacher.
- Keeping fit, love the energy and friendship
- The friendship and enjoyment to see such fun loving people and the positive attitudes of them all.
- It is so enjoyable in all aspects, ladies, exercise and music.
- The company
- I enjoy and find it beneficial to help me get fit.
- The enjoyment of the exercises that are well planned
- A light way of doing exercises in an enjoyable way.
- The exercise, it’s fun.
- To improve general movement and balance.
- Feeling relaxed at completion within a good environment
- I enjoy the class and it’s good for me.
What do you enjoy most about the classes?
- The company and the relaxed atmosphere
- Working through each dance and then moving onto a new routine. So enjoyable.
- Great camaraderie, likewise people who are looking for better capabilities.
- Happy environment, enjoy the dancing.
- The music, the movement, and the opportunity to do something positive and so gain an improved posture.
- The wonderful way you teach us.
- The manner in which you run the class, the exercises, routines and the friendship.
- The friendliness of the facilitator and the participants.
- Everybody is going there to do the same thing.
- The fun and the music.
- The company of the class and their encouragement.
- The teacher’s attitude, skills and pleasant manner.
- It is the atmosphere which is a positive one, the music, the fellowship.
How do you benefit from attending classes?
- The classes have inspired me to move more, listen to more music, and get on with living.
- Moving a routine, feel I have had effortless exercise and so nice to be with the group.
- The social aspect and keeping me moving.
- Keeps me active and helps my knee injury and stamina.
- Making me pay attention to my posture and its importance in good health.
- Improved coordination.
- Only exercise I get.
- My balance, fitness and concentration has improved.
- Achieving a sense of wellbeing.
- The dancing keeps you mobile.
- Feel better in myself.
- A feeling of achievement no matter how small.
- Posture and contact with others.
Comments about the music used in classes
- I have enjoyed every musical (track) … during the year.
- Love the music choices
- They keep running through my head for days
- Love it all
- Happy with all the music
- Top class
- You seem very aware of what we like (our vintage)
How would you rate the quality of teaching?
- Brilliant!! I give a mark of 100% to a great dance teacher who is invincible to dance…Thank you.
- Great teaching. Appreciated, enjoyed.
- Excellent – A1
- Very impressive and enjoy the ability to be coached by a very talented person.
Any further comments
- Your attention to those who need extra help to move is exemplary
- Thank you Gail for the lovely atmosphere and friendship. Your enthusiasm in teaching inspires us.
- I look forward to joining in in January & beyond.
- I love your presentation and happy personality. You give me confidence.
- Keep up the good work and don’t decide to retire, we need you.
- You do a very good job, you are very patient with the participants and always cheerful.