Dance Capers – dance to keep you mobile and feeling great
These fun classes are for over 60s who are physically active but lack the ability to move quickly. The carefully planned classes are fun, social and beneficial for physical health, brain stimulation and overall wellbeing.
Enjoy a variety of dance styles and flavours to a broad range of great music. Experience Jazz, Broadway, Circle Dance, Partner dances, Bollywood and more. This class is about getting fit and healthy while having a great time and meeting others. It’s about what you can do not what you can’t.
Whilst the class is foremost about dance, classes also address concerns such as balance, flexibility, coordination, mobility, confidence, brain stimulation, social isolation, and general quality of life in a fun, safe and supportive environment.
Times & Locations
In 2018 classes will run in 4 terms.
- Term 1 Wednesdays – 7 Feb to 28 March (8 weeks followed by 1 week break)
- Term 2 Wednesdays – 11 April to 30 May
Wednesdays 10.45am-12pm – The Forum, Laguna Retirement Village, 13-21 Lake Weyba Dr, Noosaville (take the 2nd Village entrance off Lake Weyba Dr)
COST: $10 per class
To register or for more information contact Gail Hewton Mob: 0411 720 391 or email@example.com
General Information about all classes
While classes are held on a term basis you can start anytime – please phone or email Gail first to register and discuss your needs. Class participants are very friendly and welcoming.
What to wear:
- gym/aerobic wear or comfortable clothing you can move freely in
- jazz/ballet shoes or soft pliable shoes or cotton socks with non-slip grips, you need to be comfortable – speak to Gail about your needs.
Please ensure you:
- arrive on time – at least 5-10 mins prior to class to pay and to be ready to start on time and not miss warm up (warm up is an essential component of safe dance and injury prevention) – arriving on time is also good dance etiquette
- let me know of any health problems or injuries – especially any changes that may have occurred between classes
- pace yourself, especially for the first month when you start, and always work within your own abilities – pay attention to your own body, don’t do anything that causes pain or discomfort and if it does let me know immediately
- let me know any particular music you would like to suggest for class, or any dance ideas you would like included, etc
- most importantly, have fun!!!